Monday, January 5, 2009

False Alarm

Woot. After having contractions half the night, and leaking what I thought might be amniotic fluid, I prepared Shawn for a potential evening at Virginia Hospital Center - to get checked out. I really didn't think this was the real deal. I continued having contractions all day, that got stronger, but not any more regular. I spent my whole lunch break on the treadmill, and listening to Shawn and Connie tell me that I needed to call the doctor. To make them feel better, I obliged. The doctor said to please come in, either in the next 30 minutes, or go to L&D if I couldn't be at the office in time. I hustled out of work, thinking that maybe this was more serious than I thought, even though I explained to the doctor that I wasn't sure it was fluid at all, and that the contractions weren't regular at all. Sho 'nuff, the tests came back negative for amniotic fluid, and my contractions are pretty much nothing. I'm 1 cm dilated. And somewhat disappointed. I really didn't think I was going to have a baby tonight, but I was really hoping that I would be farther along for the amount and intensity of contractions I've been having. I plan to continue drinking my herbal tea (for "toning your uterus), and Shawn and I have a big night of mall walking ahead of us. For those who pray, help me out here. I'm not in complete misery yet, but I am definitely ready to be done with this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandi!

I'm thinking of you and hoping everything goes well.