Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Busy Day!






Miss Emmeline had her first bath this morning. It was only slightly stressful, she actually seemed to really enjoy it at first. She didn't get too upset until she was mostly wet. All in all, it wasn't too traumatic, and we all survived. After that, we got all ready for the big inauguration, with Emmy being the only one dressed for the occasion. She was very calm and watched some of the pre-inaugural stuff, but then fell asleep. Shawn felt she wan't showing the appropriate respect for the gravity of the situation, but we let her sleep anyway. As soon as the inauguration was over, we had to run to the pediatrician appointment. She's doing great, and we like our pediatrician a lot. We all went to the grocery store after the doctor's office, and she slept through her first trip out running errands. It was a VERY busy day, and she is now passed out, likely down for the count.

Shawn and I want to thank everyone who has stopped by, called, texted or sent us well wishes in anyway - we really appreciate everything, and are SO grateful for this huge support network we have!

2 comments:

Erin said...

She's so cute! Glad to hear all is well so far! Keeping up with the blog is hard when you're so busy, but we're all checking in often, so keep posting :-)

Cassandra and Joseph said...

Ok AWESOME Shirt!!! My parents are there and at the Midwest ball as I type. I got text pictures all day (which is huge since my dad is the one who lectured me on not answering text messages!) Emmeline is just too cute! (Which I want to thank you and Shawn for so I don't have to pretend!!! And you know what I mean!) Um.. but as a fellow Montessorian and knowing your devotion I do have to remind you that cute little Emmy should NOT be watching TV until after the age of say ummmm 3! And that is years not days ; )... Of course this was history... maybe I will ask Judi if there are exceptions! I'm glad you made it through the first bath, I think that has me a bit intimidated!