Thursday, June 26, 2008

So Excited!

After many months of waiting, I have finally gotten my hands on a copy of "The Business of Being Born." Cassie told me about this a few months ago, before I was preggers, and I have been on the lookout for it since. Now that childbirth is something that will definitely be taking place, I am even more anxious to watch this. For the uninformed, this is Ricki Lake's documentary (I know, Ricki Lake? Didn't she fall off the map years ago? After Crybaby?) all about why hospitals are pushing so many women to have C sections, what the implications are, and why having a baby in a hospital is not always the best choice. According to Cassie, she draws a number of connections between malpractice suits and doctor's time, and doctor's willingness to let your body do what it has been created to do. I'm sure this movie will not do anything to change the way I think, because obviously I'm already on the same page as Ricki Lake. (It feels weird saying that.) No matter, though, watching and reading argumentative, informative pieces that reinforce the way you already think is the American Way!

No comments: