Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Little Better, Perhaps?

I am being cautiously optimistic about the morning sickness. So far, I've been queasy most mornings since about 5 weeks. Not throwing up, just unable to eat things I normally eat. Breakfast is a trial every morning. I've been finding that things like ham (which I normally detest) really do well for me. My normal breakfasts of yogurt and a few pieces of fruit are a no go anymore. However, the last three mornings I've been just hungry. Preggo hungry, sure, where I feel like I must eat anything in sight, as long as its salty. But not nauseous. We'll see how this goes.
When I went in for the doctor's appointment, they gave me a big bag of prenatal vitamins to try. This was excellent new to me, since the ones I had bought were NOT working out for me. They gave me something like 15 different brands to try. The best ones so far are roughly an inch long, flourescent blue, and their claim to fame is that I can choose to swallow them (right!) or chew them. I chose to chew them, and let me tell you, I felt like I was 6 again. They tasted just like a Flintstone vitamin! I'm psyched to get a prescription for those bad boys.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Glad to hear you're feeling well...sometimes :-)

I hope you don't mind, but I'm linking your blog to mine. Just let me know if you'd rather me not.

Sandi said...

No, I'm excited to be linked to your awesome blog! Thanks!