Friday, March 27, 2009

Insomniacs, Unite!




Sleep is kind of becoming a big issue at our house. I don't sleep at night, and my daughter doesn't sleep during the day. While I was pregnant, I prayed every day that this child would not inherit my sleeping habits. I prayed that the baby would sleep like Shawn. Well done, Sandi: Shawn can't nap. Is physically incapable of sleeping if the sun is out. Well, not in the morning, the guy can sleep in. Apparently, I failed to take that into account. So Emmeline doesn't like to nap. She'll fall asleep no problem, it's the STAYING asleep that is tough for her. Then there's me. I can sleep until she wakes me...then I'm up, my mind racing. Thinking of idiotic things like the lyrics to a theme song, or the name of someone in my high school French class. Things that clearly don't matter. Grrrr....

(Pic is after the farmer's market on Saturday)


In other news, the time has come to speak of other things. Of ships, and shoes and sealing wax, and cabbages and MY BABY MOVING INTO HER OWN ROOM! It is bittersweet, but she must move on. She is moving into her big girl bed full time starting tonight. I wanted her to be transitioned before I go back to work, and thanks to a kick in the pants from Erin, tonight's the night.

No comments: