Sunday, March 1, 2009

6 Weeks!



The time has flown by, and Emmy is already 6 weeks old! She has been so many places, and met so many people, I can't believe she's only 6 weeks. Last weekend, she met her first dogs, and could really have cared less. (It helped that Humphrey and Roxie were very nice, and that I was feeding her at the time) She has gone out to several meals, attended church, checked out Eastern Market, and had her first bottle, and subsequently, her first babysitter. She was incredibly well behaved for all of these events. Of course, in keeping with the way things have gone, strangers LOVE to tell me that she is entirely too young to be out of the house. Possibly too young to even be out of the womb in this big scary, germy world. Sorry strangers, but it is NOT too cold to have a little one outside - if she is appropriately dressed! Infants in Alaska and Sweden go outside every day. They live to tell the tale.


After all my worry about her taking a bottle, she proved me wrong and acted like it was something she does every day. Shawn really enjoyed getting to feed her, and now we know she has no food hang ups. This also allowed to me to relax about leaving her with my mom last night for Shawn's and my first date! We went to an amazing Belgian restaurant and had a really good time. The whole night was kind of a grandma gift - Grandma Patsy had gotten us a gift certificate, and Grammy did the babysitting. Thanks to both grandmas!


We finally got a chair for Emmeline, to help with the alleged reflux. She LOVES it, and will sit in and talk to me while I fold laundry or...any number of other activities. (This glorious chair allows me to shower freely, while she sits on the bathroom floor, chattering away.) Em has also started to really love working on her movement mat, watching the butterfly mobile so generously loaned to us by Miss Susan, Em's future teacher. She kicks her legs, and waves her arms, and tells all kinds of tales to the butterflies.

No comments: