Thursday, March 12, 2009

Busy All The Time



I feel like every time I post here, I talk about how busy we are. But, we really do a lot! Last weekend, we went for a hike at Sky Meadow State Park. Emmeline slept through it, but seemed to like the baby bjorn carrier we busted out for the occasion. After that, we went to Naked Mountain winery, where she continued sleeping. Sunday, Emmeline and I went to the National Zoo with Erin, Ryan, Grace, Connie, Jelani, and Aliana. It was a beautiful day, and somehow, Emmeline stayed awake for the whole visit! (She fit in a few catnaps as we strolled.) She was alert and loved the company if nothing else.

She had another pediatrician appointment last week - Over 11 pounds! She also got some vaccinations, but on the whole, did better than the last round.


We're currently working on independent napping. While Emmeline is a pretty good sleeper, and has no problem napping in her bed, the putting herself to sleep portion of the nap is a little rocky. Gee, I wonder where she got that trait? Shawn and I are working hard on this, although I'm not sure I have the skill set to pass on, so we'll see how it goes. Any tips are welcome. We want Emmeline's transition to school next month to go as smoothly as possible. To that end, maybe we can teach Miss Susan all the silly songs Shawn makes up for Em, such as the amazing hit "Love My Baby." The words aren't silly so much as the voice that is used.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Can you please have Shawn post these lyrics on the blog?