Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Days

You've heard all about it. You've experienced it yourself. Snowpacalypse. Snoverkill. Here at my house. Emmeline has been taking it hard. I stayed home from work on Friday, and got off work at 12:30 on Thursday, so we've been home pretty much every minute since February 4 at 1. We did go to the grocery store, CVS, Home Depot. Not exciting. Emmeline has, in the last 7 days:

- helped bake banana muffins, brownies, and chocolate chip cookies


- tasted her first chocolate chip, banana muffin, and chocolate chip cookie (I drew the line at brownie)

- played hairdresser with both mommy and daddy

- chased Ruby around the basement

- watched her first TV (she has been present for TV watching, and even tuned in a little. This was the first time I turned on the TV trying to engage her in watching it.)

- lumped around the floor, begging to be picked up
- screamed to be put on the ground
- spent a LOT of time being walked around the house by Shawn or myself
- pulled up on anyone who walks by her
- learned how to come down the stairs...on her butt
- fingerpainted for the first time - naked, in the bathtub

- pooped in the toilet

- peed in the toilet
So, you know, it's been a busy couple of days for her. Shawn and I are likewise completely exhausted. I LOVE my daughter, I greatly enjoy the time I get to spend with her, but I am beat.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Oh boy, you guys really have been busy! It's amazing what you guys have all done in just a short 5 days. It's a good thing you are all going to work/school tomorrow.
Grandma Patsy

Erin said...

Wow...so funny that I just posted a similar blog ;-)

Peed and pooped in the potty? Awesome!!!

Glad to be free?!?