Wednesday, April 15, 2009

School Days, School Days...

First things first:
Emmeline in her Easter finery. We had a great time with family, and at church. Please note the adorable shoes.
Now, onto more pressing matters. I am back at work, which means little miss is at school with me. Of course, I was dreading this: I know my baby best, and her schedule, her needs etc. I know the Nido teacher is good, and it's not that I don't trust her, just trust myself more. Also, I was worried about the pacifier thing: no pacifiers at school, and she's been falling asleep with one for a while. I have seen babies come into the Nido for 5 years now, and many of them have a really tough time with the transition.
Naturally, my fears were unfounded. Emmeline has done so well these past few days. She is staying awake longer, and has begun to put herself to sleep, sans pacifier, in the space of 5 minutes. Of course, she may have begun to do those things at home with me anyway. But I really think that the help of an objective third person has made this easier. I know babies cry, and I don't even mind my baby crying, but I do like to minimize it.
Hopefully things continue like this, at least for a little while as I get used to being back at work!

No comments: