Thursday, December 18, 2008

Update

Had my weekly doctor's appointment today. Nothing too exciting to report. My Group B Strep test came back negative, so I'm happy about that. One less thing to have to worry about. One in three women has GBS, and it usually doesn't present any symptoms or problems. For newborns, however, it can cause very serious infections, so if you have it, they give you antibiotics through the labor and delivery. Yuck. I will do anything to avoid having any needles present. If I can avoid an IV, I will truly have triumphed. I'm not squeamish about needles, just don't really like them. It's like bugs. They don't scare me, I just don't like them. Other doctor appointment news: they didn't even do an internal. Never in a million years thought I would be disappointed by that, but I was really hoping the doctor would tell me how things are progressing. I'm hoping they'll do one next week. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday to check the size and position of the baby for sure, and then the weekly appointment on Wednesday. Stay tuned.

No comments: