Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Baby Shower!



My mom and my sister hosted a baby shower for me yesterday for my "extended" family. My grandma was there, but so were all the women who are my mom's friends, but seem to have invested some energy in caring about me too. It was really nice to get to see all the Springfield women, and they had plenty of advice for me. : ) Highlights included an adorable ducky cake, and finding out that most of these women had senses of humor nearly as wicked as mine can be. Shawn and I received lots of gifts (way too many) for the baby, and we're definitely getting closer to having the ridiculous amount of stuff you need to take care of a new person. I can't seem to get the pictures up that my mom emailed, but it was very cute, with many ducks (even on the gifts!), and some pretty damn good spinach dip. My poor dad and brother hightailed it out, but we even got gifts from my 15 year old brother. (Redskins related, natch)
Above: 30 weeks

No comments: