Friday, March 25, 2011

Ultrasound, Take 2

Shawn and I had our last ultrasound this morning. Nothing too eventful, looks like baby is head down, very healthy, and we got to watch as s/he sucked his or her thumb. Too cute! The detail was so good we could even see the tongue moving around the thumb. The tech said baby is measuring a few days ahead, and weighs approximately 6 lbs, 13 ounces. Which is a great healthy weight, but I really hope I don't go all the way to 40 weeks, since babies at this point are putting on about an ounce a day! I still have three weeks to go till my due date, so at an ounce a day, we'd be looking at a hefty 8 pounder! I know that's not even that big, but bigger than Em was, so scary for me. Heartbeat was in the 140s, and all the organs we looked at were functioning and looking good. So now it's a waiting game. I continue to have contractions, and hope that they develop into something real, while the baby continues to grow and thumb its little nose at me, cozy and comfy.

No comments: