Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Woot!

Monday, Rebecca saw Emmeline for her weekly PT. That morning, Emmeline was taking three and four steps if prompted, between us. She wasn't happy about it, but would share things between me and Rebecca. This morning, I got to school, put her down in the middle of the playroom, and put my stuff away. When I came back, Emmeline was still standing where I put her. I walked closer to her, and she took 7 steps to me! The entire rest of the morning, she was walking everytime she could get up! To be fair, this first began this Saturday as a love affair with the bike (I mean, like dirt bike/ATV) that Grammy and Aunt Katie got for her. She took 6 steps to get to that gorgeous bike. But this morning was totally different. No external motivation for walking-just walking. It was awesome, and I think we may have rounded the corner. After this, I promise to stop blogging about Emmeline's physical progress and start writing about other stuff.

1 comment:

Ginna said...

That's so great Sandi! It's wonderful to hear all about her incredible first steps!