Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Part 2

Christmas morning continued on, with lots of baby Tylenol, cuddles, and whining. Emmy soldiered on, through family pictures, and a trip to my parents' house. She opened more presents at Grammy and Gramps' house, and took a nap. That afternoon, the whole family (Patsy, Merissa, Luke, Grandpa Tom, Kathy, Rich, Katie, Alex, Grandma Eileen) came to our house for Christmas dinner. My mom had prepped all the food, and we just used my oven to heat it up. The great part was that since we had ALL of these people at our house, everyone got a turn to hold Em, and try to keep her happy. They also got to help us take pictures and mirrors off our walls, since we were going to have our house painted. Emmeline's fever finally broke at 7, just in time to have a few bites of the dinner she had previously pooh-poohed, and head to bed. By that point, I had already called the on duty nurse with our pediatrician, to see if I should take her to an Urgent Care center. I don't care what the pediatrician says, a "teething" fever should not be 103. She said no, just keep her hydrated, but luckily we were through it just an hour or two later.
Christmas dinner wrapped up around 7:30, and Merissa, Luke, Shawn and I flew around the house moving stuff off the kitchen counter, stripping the bathrooms of personal items, and un-trimming the Christmas tree.
Thus ended our first Christmas at our house. It was exactly what I thought it would be - family, fun, with a touch of frenzy.

No comments: