Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Little Cranky, I Think

I've finally entered the period of time that I always pictured in my thoughts of having a baby: obviously pregnant, eliciting responses from strangers without bringing it up, or hinting. Store clerks are telling me the sex of this baby, asking when I'm due. I had a man in my office building today ask me when I'm due, and tell me "feel better." (I didn't realize I wasn't feeling good!) A man held the door for me as I walked through with my lunch, and tell me "enjoy your lunch - both of you!" Surprisingly, this general interest in my "condition" has not extended to bathroom lines. I am a big believer in karma, and doing nice things because you never know when you might be on the other side of that favor. I have always, to my knowledge, let pregnant women pass me in the line. Maybe women are just more catty than men, but no woman yet has let me skip the line. I don't necessarily expect it, but would like to think that since many of the women I'm speaking of have obviously been in the same situation, there might be a little sympathy. I've always heard there's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. Hmm.

I had my glucose screening last Thursday, and haven't gotten the results back yet. The drink didn't taste so bad, it was having to drink it in 4 minutes that was hard. Also in the world of OB-GYN news, I am now at the point of having to go in every two weeks. Woot. Everyone is reminding me that I'm so close to the end now, not much longer to go, better start getting things ready...so why do I feel like I've been pregnant forever, and that there is no end in sight? I'm not tired of it, I guess, just feeling like this is perhaps a permanent condition. I'm starting to get so used to perpetual heartburn and frequent bathroom breaks, that I have a tough time remembering life before. I really used to only pee about 4 times a day. I acknowledge that that probably wasn't very healthy, but I pee 4 times in the night now. Additionally, my belly is now large enough that I'm spilling on it constantly. Food/beverages that used to fall to the floor now fall squarely on my midsection. Cute.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That spilling on the belly thing used to make me cry! I hated it..it made me feel so stupid and helpless. It didn't go away for a few weeks after I had Grace, so I hope it doesn't bother you much.
:-P