Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Darling Husband

I am on a baby high. I got to stop by and see Erin and Gracie tonight - too cute! Additionally, over the last week, I have purchased and received several baby items. We got the car seat and stroller, as previously mentioned. I found the bedding I wanted on serious discount on ebay, and that came in on Thursday. I also found two of those swaddly things (Shawn insists on calling them "swaddling clothes"), and they arrived from ebay Friday. Shawn picked up some cloth diapers for me that I bought off Craig's List on Wednesday. I am happily surrounded by baby paraphernalia. The ultimate bit though, is that my darling husband painted the baby's room on Thursday. Not only did he paint it, he picked out the color! And it is perfect! I try not to brag too often, but he really is the most amazing man. Not only has he not yet made fun of me for the myriad ridiculous things I have begun doing in the last 5 months (watch a women try to fall asleep in a pillow fortress while madly chewing tums...), but he has actually offered himself up to help me in various ways. He has offered to rub my back, make me food, go get me food, carry things for me. Maybe these are things husbands are simply supposed to do. But my husband continues to do them, with a smile on his face, through the complaints of TOO HOT, HEARTBURN, MUST PEE! He continually asks me what he can do for me, whether it is to make me feel better physically or emotionally. He never mocks my many physical issues, or sudden needs. He is just there for me, without question, without judgement, or even a snicker (when one is usually well deserved).

All of this is my way of saying that I am somehow not surprised that as I sit amidst the baby explosion that is causing my happiness, he is buried in the basement, calmly and completely ignoring me and my stuff. I think he's earned it.

No comments: