Saturday, August 16, 2008

Belly Picture


Here it is. Not much yet, I guess, but at 18 weeks, this is it. Shawn commented as he was taking the picture, "This isn't very flattering, is it?" No. He asked what the point is in taking these pictures. I guess it's so in December when I'm roughly the size of an ocean liner, we can look back and laugh at how I thought I was big then. My coworkers are laughing at me when I wear maternity clothes, because they say I'm not big enough yet. Exactly when does this awkward stage end? I'm about halfway through this, and I still don't look pregnant to anyone who doesn't know me. I will be kicking myself later for thinking this, but I can't wait to be big enough that people give me their seat on the metro, or at least recognize that I'm not just overweight.
In other news, we have our big ultrasound appointment on Tuesday! We're not going to find out the sex of the baby, but we'll get to see it, and check on major organs and parts. (I think I'm most looking forward to getting out of work early.) If we can get on it, we'll post any pics they give us when we get back.

2 comments:

Connie said...

What is that tiny thing??? :)

Patsy said...

I think you look beautiful. I couldn't wait to wear maternity clothes. I always thought they looked so cute!! How often can you wear them? You go, girl.
Love, Patsy